8.23.2005

ThinKTank GO!

First Successful Email launch!

Sharp 12:25 am, the first email for a thinktank/knowledge building group went out.

Currently there are only 5 member in the group, 2.5 indians (.5 white), 1 Sloan guy and 1 Brown guy. I honestly think that the group has some solid potential of coming up with lucrative markets eventually for a successful business model.

Anyone who is reading this and would be interesting to add feedback, has insight or is genuinely interested, let me know and perhaps I will put you on the list.

Either way based on the feedback, their participation, I will try and determine who is really interested and is willing to invest their time into the project. I have found in general that there are a number of lazy people who think ideas are great, have money to invest, but you need to hold their hand the entire time. They are weak and lazy and have to be motivated constantly to produce anything of substance or quality. These are the most annoying of colleagues as they add no-value to the group, unless they are ALL the money. The lack of initiative and motivation kills me.  In my experience they entangle themselves in to the point where it’s not worth the effort to get them out. They actually detract value from the company as they suck other people’s time and effort.

Not to start on a bad foot, but that’s the one thing I learned from my previous project, personnel is extremely important, finding reliable colleagues.  Either way I anticipate this thinktank group to grow to around 15 in a month or so, however I envision roughly 4 or 5 people to be part of the final group which I want to put together. I am almost for certain of one potential partner as I have worked with him on a previous project and he has a very sound business mind along with the ability to follow through.

I have been thinking of the type of team however which is needed for this situation. A profile of the type of people needed. I am thinking that group of young people (3) with 2 senior advisors would be acceptable. The young people I feel ideally will be capable of doing 95% of the leg work and invest a lot of time and effort into the ideas, this will entail doing the core research. I think kids my age are ideal as we have some business experience, a thirst for money and real business action, and most importantly no dependants. No one is counting on  us to bring home the bread, so this allows us for higher risk and reward type projects. This is the only time in our lives we will be given this type of opportunity as in 6 years half of us will be married or locked into some high paying job, difficult to get out of. The two senior advisors I envision will 1) listen to us young people and accept that we have a different thought process than them 2) guide us along with provide support via social/business networks and potentially bring in investment capital.

Whether or not this actually makes sense, I do not know, I do however feel that to start a company with a developed business deal for outsourcing will not require a significant amount of capital. A sound idea with a large market will allow to be started with as low as $200,000 capital and ideally will have high growth during the build up phase. I know its all a dream, but it is possible.

Determination, sincerity and hardwork rarely fail people.