9.06.2005

Laborious Day Weekend

i am not as clever as i could be.

had a productive weekend, discussed a few potential options for the future regarding my employment. I did find something that intriqued me. Online magazines. So i spent a solid amount of time going to different websites at work...because i hate work. To make a long story short i hardly find any good literature on south asian youth, i mean there is lots of garbage on bollywood, desi party, music, nothing with real substance, style or insight. I mean i'm not saying it has to be very serious, just a good portal where you get relevant information without thousands of pop up or martimonial ads. There are a few asian american sites such as yolk, theme and hyphen. They are decent, but don't have any real south asian/indian flava, mostly east asian writers, news, etc. I'm not saying they don't have south asian stuff, just not nearly enough. So the idea is to possibly focus on something for our american south asian community. There are a shit load of cool indians like myself, who are segregated from the 'indian'/desi community because of various reasons. I'm not proposing a method of bridging this, but to some extent. More like gearing something towards them more. Basically a portal with solid writers/good topics with other fun stuff, like music, fashion, etc.

I dunno, but i'm going to find out if desi's like me would be interested in something like this.