9.15.2005

Slipping REALLY HARD

I have not posted in a while, i have been working on a number o f things, primarily growing up and not being depressed about my horrible current home i call providence, RI.

The worst part is the inability to realize why exactly this place is soo fucking depressing, its a quaint small town, i live in a nice apartment and i have a few good friends...the question is whether or not this is happening because of providence of me...nothing is black and white so clearly.

What i am doing, well to improve my overall happiness i have been getting more excercise than the usual...playing tennis, although i've broken another string and now have no usable racket.
NEED TO find a job... i can't fucking stand where i work, the people are okay, i am not learning anything new, and can no longer tolerate going in day after day....the work isn't hard, challenging or anything, i just milk it, and i don't like doing that

FIND A Job vinay...
1) i may try to get a job in nyc as a day trader, there is a lot of potential to make lots of money.
2)must call squidlabs, i have no idea what Saul is doing right now
3)send emails to my hitlist - i.e. ramesh, neil, everyone
4)send emails to my sanfran crew - gotta get the trust fund babies working on my side


I checked out the idea with the magazine, its not going to work really, www.sepiamutiny.com is a dope site which does what i wanted to do. I emailed them in regards to setting up a real magazine, they have no one who can handle doing that or works on it fulltime....the artists/writers who bust their asses at some low wage job all day and then write to their hearts content at home after work in a desperate attempt for someone to appreciate their work...noble
I have no natural ability to write or any disposition to really try to, i do have an uncanny ability of destroying things. This may sound stupid, but i operate on a fuel called spite. I never have excelled in anthing unless someone told me i wouldn't... i mean don't think you can trick me into solving your problems, but if you think you're the shit, i will slap you in your face with your own feces. (very mature vinay, very mature)

Regardless of me going off on a tangent, my gut reaction is that there is an audience for a magazine such as sepia mutiny. now i think the best way to approach them however may simply be to create a strategic partnership with them, such as creating a magazine but using a lot of their content. I mean come on they're all writer want-a-bes, if i publish any of their material, they'll love it. If i give them a little bit of dough, they'll be even happier...they say they're not in it for the money...however how many great things can last without money being involved in some sort of form.

Chutney Sandwich???? perhaps